It features WAIFUCLOCK which is based on the Substratum theme and delivers an elegant lock screen experience that you won’t find on any other ROM. The best part is that it also offers timely updates and bugs are fixed routinely. As for device support, from Xiaomi to OnePlus, Nokia, and Nothing, almost all the OEMs are supported. Simply put, Project Elixir is one of the best Android 13 custom ROMs in town right now and you should not miss it. Installing a custom ROM requires you to unlock the bootloader first, and have a custom recovery like TWRP (website) installed. Make sure to always create a backup of your Android device before proceeding. While the download link for officially supported devices is mentioned below, some of these ROMs may have an unofficial port available for other devices as well.
If minimalism is what you’re looking for then Arrow OS is right up your alley. Possibly the lightest and most functional custom ROM out there, the Arrow OS project is based on the AOSP code while adding useful tweaks. It’s very similar to the Pixel Experience ROM but brings additional features to the barebone feature list.
- A Backup is an accumulation of copied and archived data for restoring to the original state, in case of a data loss event.
- Here you have the steps on how to use ADB Sideload on your Pixel 7/Pro to install the official firmware.
- When you are not a customer on one of the company’s paid plans, you can store up to 15GB of mobile data in the company’s cloud storage.
- Step 8- As soon as connect your Switched off phone to your PC via usb cable, and wait for Success, after Some time a green circle is appear.Done.
If everything goes right, you should now have a custom Android ROM installed on your phone! It may take stock ROM (firmware) a while for the initial boot process so don’t panic, your phone will boot into the setup process. Now that you know what a custom ROM can do, let’s tell you how you can install it on your Android phone. Follow the on-screen instructions to put your phone in Download mode. Then DroidKit will start the reinstall process immediately till the Completed page shows.
The Android developer community is huge, with their biggest feat being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds. A custom ROM is an aftermarket firmware production based on the Android source code provided by Google. Launch MTKDroidtool.exe in Step 2 and connect your phone. You can back up your firmware using a variety of methods and tools. We’ll go over the most popular and reliable ones down below.
- The ROM includes basic but useful features that include but are not limited to customizing the status bar, changing the overall theme, editing the navbar, and much more.
- To combat such a situation you need to backup the Android ROM (original/pre-installed), prior to flashing a new ROM.
- If you own an Android phone and store important data, it is critical that you know how to back it up to a PC.
- Apart from this, some users prefer to reinstall Android OS when their device starts misbehaving.
Then, it’ll be recognized by kies and kies will download all the files of recent firmware. Before starting, you need to check whether your device support or not according to the list of mobile phones. The ROM (Read Only Memory) operating system that we discussed is also known as Firmware. Through the device, they have access to the users without any type of modification and they stay firm. In this article, you will learn what is Android ROM and firmware, how to backup Android ROM and firmware, and a 1-click tool to backup all Android data to computer.